Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Voracious Appetite

I saw something at a $55 today that really brought home how a mediocre player like me can stack bizzles at these things. I hate grabbing HHs so I'll just describe the situation: It's on the bubble, fairly tight, blinds are 300/600 and the stacks are pretty even. Play has been all-around excellent, and I'm gritting my teeth fretting that it's going to be another one of "those" bubbles where the blinds get so high that ITM lasts all of 3 hands. SB slightly covers BB & has pushed the last three times it's been folded to him. The 4th time SB pushes into him, BB types "gotcha" and flips over ATo. After SB busts, he continues to talk trash about the guy all the way thru the tourney.

"Got him with the hand in the cookie jar."

"Can't believe he put it all on the line with that trash."

Now I'm not one to frown on a bruv for trash talking but 1) those lines sound like they were cut from "WPT" (or maybe eXtreme PokAh Dethmatch or whatever trashbox poker shit they show on TV nowadays) and 2) THAT WAS A FOLD YOU DONKEY!





I showed the restraint and equilibrium of an Orthodox monk by not pointing this out to him, but the other guy at the table (TLB member) decided to let him know that it "was a XXXX call". Now the question, I guess, is: who is making the worse decision there? The donk, or the TLB grinder--who acted like he either had an active financial interest in sharpening the donk's game, or simply couldn't pass up a perfect opportunity to point out his superior poker knowledge? All the while, I'm practically in post-and-fold mode while the tilt at the table reaches San-Fran-In-1906 levels.




And I realze it might be a little harsh to call the guy a donk for one silly call, but come on people, this is the $55s. It's not cheap to make mistakes like that. I stand by my donkcrimination.

We out like
Moscow.


Oh and btw,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home